PASA Debit Order Collection Mandate Guidelines
Our easy to use guide will get you up and running in no time!
Important information regarding debit order processing
The Payments Association of South Africa (PASA) are enforcing strict rules for the Debit Order collection payment stream within the banking systems of South Africa. We want to ensure that you are aware of the requirements for processing debit orders, and the penalties PASA is levying with regard to non-compliance.
Please take note of the following:
- It is important that you have are able to produce, a valid debit order mandate for every debit order you currently process.
- Debit order mandates must comply with the minimum requirements as provided by PASA and the banks – copies can be downloaded from Support > Online documentation.
- PASA will apply a penalty for any debit order which does not conform to their requirements, cannot be produced
on demand, or is not an authorised debit order mandate.
- Should your mandates not confirm, then a fine of R1000/mandate will be levied by PASA.
- PASA may randomly select any Netcash account for audit.
Should your debit order mandates form part of an audit of randomly selected mandates by PASA, you may be subjected to these fines if yours fail the above mentioned requirements.
- Be on a company letterhead.
- Contain the Abbreviated Name reflecting the trading name of the user, that will appear on the bank statement of
the person being debited.
- Be retained for a period of 7 years after the last debit order transaction.
We recommend that your mandates are checked to ensure that they meet the requirements set out by PASA. If in any doubt, please submit your mandate to Netcash for evaluation.