DebiCheck is a preferential debit order system requiring the bank account holder to give specific electronic permission (via their bank) prior to any debit order being processed.
DebiCheck does not replace Same-day and Dated debit orders but can be used as an alternative. By using DebiCheck you can obtain authentication, benefit from preferential presentation of the debit and track the bank account over a selected period.
The DebiCheck process
The authentication process requires a request to be sent via the bank account holders bank to the account holder requesting authority to process DebiCheck transactions to their account. The authentication needs to happen within a specified time in order for the mandate to be registered and the authority to debit is in place.
DebiCheck Templates allow Netcash clients to reduce the required number of fields required to be submitted with each Authentication request. Templates can be used in both the electronic mandate initiation of an Authentication request as well as the debit order Masterfile initiation (assuming a manual or voice recorded mandate is in place).
Setting up a template
- Navigate to Services/Debit orders/Service Profile/DebiCheck Templates
- Click on Add Template
- Choose a template name
- Complete the remaining fields
- Click on Submit
- The Template will now be saved and can be edited if required.
Registered Mandate Service (RMS) allows processing of unauthenticated DebiCheck mandates. Registration for RMS will take place as soon as the time has elapsed for authentication. RMS transactions will be included with DebiCheck batches.
Authentication via eMandates
- Navigate to Services/Debit Order/Manage Debit orders/Electronic mandates.
- Click on Add mandate.
- Insert all information as for a standard Debit order mandate, in the Electronic mandate container Container , check the Authenticate Mandate as DebiCheck Mandate tickbox.
- Select the required Template and complete the DebiCheck information.
- Click on Update then Submit mandate.
- Submit mandate in the standard manner.
Note: Mandates that have been approved by the account holder will automatically be sent through the Authentication process via the bank account holders bank.
Authentication via the Master file
- Navigate to your Master file – Services / Debit Orders/Manage debit orders/Master file
- Create / edit the Masterfile entry that requires authentication
- If creating, complete the mandatory fields then;
- Click on the DebiCheck Authentication container and Add Mandate
- Insert the required detail – note the similarity with the Template
- Note the ability to select RMS.
- Once complete, click on Submit.
- Click on Authorise to initiate the authentication.
If the DebiCheck container is not active, ensure that:
- DebiCheck is activated on your account (Account profile / Service profiles / Debit orders )
- This Master file entry is Active and not Deleted (see first container)
- Only bank account details are captured (no credit cards)
- An active mobile number has been inserted in the Notification container
Additional functions are available depending on the status of the authentication:
- Pencil – edit
- Bin – delete
- Arrows – resend
Viewing authenticated clients:
- Navigate to your Master file – Services/debit Orders/Manage debit orders/Master file
- Click on More
- Action: DebiCheck
- A list of authenticated clients will be displayed
- Click on the edit pencil next to any of the authenticated clients and the scroll down to the DebiCheck container
- The mandate list is displayed, details of the mandate can then be viewed by clicking on the edit function
- Navigate to Services/Debit orders/reports/DebiCheck Authentication
- Insert the date range and Submit
- View detail by clicking on the View option
- Note Response codes/search and export options
Creating DebiCheck batches
- Navigate to Services/Debit orders/Manage debit orders/DebiCheck batches
- Click on Add DebiCheck batch
- Select the action date
- Note the cut-off times for authorisation: Monday to Friday, one clear business day prior to the action date by 23h59. Example – authorise by 23h50 on Tuesday for Thursday’s action date ( Wednesday is the clear business day) .
- Click on Submit
- All DebiCheck and RMS authenticated contracts appear for selection. Note that each authenticated mandate for a specific client will appear for selection meaning that Duplicate Account References are allowed.
- Edit Tracking days and Amounts if required.
- Add selected to batch
- View batch and click on Batch list
- Authorise the batch
Viewing batch reports
- Navigate to Services/Debit orders/reports/DebiCheck batch reports
- See list of previously processed batches – click on links to the left to view detail
DebiCheck transactions can be in any of 3 statuses:
- Successful – value credited to statement for each transaction
- Unsuccessful – zero value posted to statement for each transaction
- Tracking – zero value posted to statement
Note: Once the tracking period has passed, only successful and unsuccessful transactions will appear on the statement. Disputes are reconciled like unpaids – as they are received, they are posted itemised to the statement.