Xero App guide
Netcash has developed an application that allows your Xero software to connect with your Netcash account. The App allows for the following services to be automated:
- Supplier/creditor payments – create supplier payments and send batch payments directly to your Netcash account.
- Invoice receipts – create invoices in Xero with payment links to accept payments via the Netcash payment gateway.
- Statement downloads allow for automated reconciliation of all transactions daily.
- Login to your Netcash account, click on Apps and Xero.
- Login to the app with your Netcash credentials. Select the account that you would like to link and confirm the token expiry and agree to various access requirements.
- Click on Connect to Xero, insert your Xero credentials, select the Xero organisation and agree to the various access requirements.
The accounts are now linked and you will be directed to the landing page.
Note: In the ‘Store Authentication Token’ process, the Netcash Xero app will allow the following to be setup:
- Account service key import and statement download option set to Xero.
- Supplier payment ( creditors ) service key import and batches set to Lock on upload.
- Pay Now service key import and pre defined URL’s set to Xero.
Logging outTo logout of the Netcash account connected to the App, click on the Door icon on the top right of the screen. To logout of the Xero Organisation connected to the App, click on Disconnect from Xero.
Client payments (Pay Now)
On the landing page of the Netcash app, expand the Client payments – (Pay Now) container.
- Click on the GO TO PAYMENTS SERVICES tab.
- Click on ADD PAYMENT
- The Netcash Pay Now payment services will be added to the branded theme in Xero.
Click on the Business tab in Xero, go to Invoices, select the invoice you want to send, and select the email option at the top, fill in the information and send the email. When the client opens the email they should click on Pay Now.
Click Pay now and is redirected to the online invoice, clicking Pay Now then directs to the Netcash eCommerce gateway to select a payment method and make the payment. Payments reflect on the Netcash statement the following business day for reconciliation.
Ensure that all suppliers have banking details. Note that Xero does not cater for branch codes – these will be inserted in the Netcash Xero App.
- Login to Xero
- Contacts/Suppliers/Click on Supplier name/ Edit/
- Scroll to Batch Payments and insert details required:
Creating and sending invoices in Xero
- Click on Business/Bills to pay/New Bill
- Insert bill details
- Click on Approve
The bill will now be sent to the Netcash Xero App for payment.
Creating supplier payment batches
- Login to the App.
- From the side menu select Suppliers.
- Click on validate account ( for all new suppliers ).
- Select the bank from the list of universal branch codes or slide the custom bank option and manually type in your branch code.
- Click on Validate and check the top right corner of the screen for the result.
- Invoices are grouped by supplier, select the invoices that you would like to pay and click on CREAT PAYMENT BATCH.
- Select the date to pay batch and Payment type.
- Edit amounts if you wish to part pay invoices.
- Click on NEXT .
- Click on Statement references to ensure the supplier receives the correct reference next to the payment on their bank statement. This field defaults to the Xero organisation name.
- The payment batch is now sent to Netcash, login to Netcash account to authorise the batch
Note: Batches are locked on upload by default – only action dates and service types can be edited. The refresh button will update the app with any recent supplier payments created in Xero. Suppliers and zero value invoices will remain listed in the Supplier menu until they are processed via the Statement download /reconciliation function.
- Login to Xero
- Click on Account/Bank accounts and Add bank account
- Manually add your company and Netcash Bank accounts
- Allocate bank codes in the Chart of accounts
- Login to the Netcash Xero App
- From the main menu, select Statements.
- Click on the Statement Mapping button.
- Map each of the accounts as required.
- Save the mapping.
The Netcash Xero App will automatically retrieve your Netcash statement daily and post the transactions to the various Xero Ledger accounts. Note that supplier payments and client payments are automatically mapped to the correct accounts and do not require manual mapping.
- Any unreconciled transactions can be posted manually from the statement screen by clicking on the Process Transactions button.
- Missing statements can be requested using the date range selector.
- Use the Filter to select Processed/Unprocessed or All transactions to view